“Listen!” activity is the first step to increase esteem for others. Each school organized debates and seminars about vulnerable groups that include some of their students. Also it used therapeutic story that challenged the listener to understand the others.
1. Workshop at the University of Catania about multicultural schools – was presented the Erasmus+ project “ESTEEM” with the intercultural teaching approach. It was a great link between two Erasmus+ projects … university and school, with the same target, that is teaching in a multicolored school, including everyone, and respecting individual diversity. Just one big message: No one excluded, far from stereotypes and prejudices!!
2. Diversity existing between the different people in the world – a debate held by a missionary from Burkina Faso (Africa). The missionary’s goal was to stimulate a individual and critical thinking of students regarding of cultural and economic inequality at international level and promote an attitude of acceptance and cooperation towards who is different from them, going beyond all the forms of prejudice and injustice and ensuring sustainable development in favor of everyone in a interdependent reality.
3. “Festival of Peace among Peoples of The World” – Intercultural works maded by our students
1. Sensitization to the students to raise for the Rafiki Africa Foundation – a debate with the participation of a priest, missionary who helps families in Africa. The school has organized a Solidarity Market and has managed to raise € 653’40. The students have done jobs that have sold to all the people who have visited our school this week.
2. Theatre play about Multiculturalism
3. Activities carried out by students to raise awareness against Gender violence
4. Seminar about school harassment – bullying
5. Sensitization Day – People with Disabilities
1. Stories about disabled people – we read real stories of disabled people, who made great achievements, without revealing the disability of the person and the students should guess the disability, such Frida Khalo, Ludwig van Beethoven, Stephen Hawking. The objective was to develop our students self knowledge and empathy skills, to recognize and respect the diversity, to understand that they live in a world with similarities and differences and to develop behavior so that they accept difference.
2. Meeting with Mr. Arvanitakis – discussions about the organization zosp, his own story and his hobbies (painting and music) and the difficulties disabled people face in Greece. Finally he painted for the students and he played harmonica.
1. Children’s education and social inclusion from antiquity to the present – a ppt presentation followed by a debate (you can download and see the presentation HERE), at the end of activity a questionnaire was given (results and interpretation HERE).
2. Social situations encountered in the community – presentation and debate with the help of town hall representatives and local police
3. Prevention and combat of drug use, vulnerable groups and therapeutic stories – interactive workshops organized by the representatives of Center for the Prevention and Control of Drug Use, Sibiu.
4. The situation of children with their parents abroad – interactive workshops made by the teachers from school.
1. Prevention of violence and aggression in our class – training with elements of PSYCHODRAMA – “TOLERANCE” – increasing the tolerance of adolescents’ communication, the level of group cohesion and creating a team of teamwork; correction in adolescent behavior, stabilization of emotional state and self-esteem, empathic processes, understanding and realization of tolerance in communication.
2. Debates about vulnerable groups that include some of students
More about these activities – HERE
1. In order to students actively reconsider themselves and actively think, they were given the task of storming the idea of what they know about “Petri Kerempuhu”. They have developed a positive attitude towards reading, extracted important details of the event, independently formulated a summary, recognized the value of the spoken language, judged about other procedures, and clearly expressed their opinions and ideas.
2. In the classroom hours, students of 3rd grade conducted activities related to human behavior. We also conduct a health education program that includes the development of social skills of students and the relationship with those in need in our society. We worked on understanding the notion of humanity and human behavior.
3. Be independent and free – The project’s objective is preventive action to combat drug addiction directed against children and young people of the town of Čakovec, and the project is inspired by the Lions club Zrinski Čakovec, the Međimurska Police Administration and the Public Health Institute of Međimurje County.